Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SCB12201101LBGB update

These fry are now 1 month 1 week old. According to the fry growth chart at Wayne's This and That, they are right on track with their sizes ranging between the 3-5.5 week size. Fry often do grow at different rates within the same spawn, so I am not worried. They are still a bit too small to photograph.

They are eating well on bbs.

I notice the fry have characteristics which I wouldn't have expected. Crossing two dark bodied fish, I would have expected all or at least most of the fry to also be dark bodied. You can tell if a fish is light or dark bodied when they are still very small. Instead there are some extremely light bodied fish and only a few dark bodied fish. I am also noticing a red wash in some of the fish which was unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment